Today the challenge officially kicks off & we've got a few rules and guidelines:
1. There will be 2 categories:
- Minis: Longest side under 30". Pillows, table runners, place mats, mug rugs, etc. will count as minis.
- Quilts: any size from baby to bed
2. Oranges should be as "tango-y" as possible, but all shades of orange are welcome.
3. Focus should be on Tangerine, but one other color and one neutral can be included in the quilts. For our purposes, neutrals include shades of white, cream, beige, brown, gray, and black.
4. The contest will run from January 2nd through March 2nd, 2012. The top 10 finalists in each category will be announced on March 5th and winners will be announced on March 12th.
5. You can submit one entry per category. Entries should be completed projects, including quilting & binding.
You can see the rest of the guidelines & how to enter at this Flickr thread.
I was searching through my stash and wasn't surprised to find it really lacking in the oranges/tangerines. I knew that it was a color I used a lot but I had almost NOTHING. The more I have had it on the brain I've been noticing some great fabrics that are tangerine & I think I'm going to have to add some to my stash!
We've had a few great shops put together some special bundles for us just for Tangerine Tango!
From Del Ray Fabrics: 11 FQs for $34.99
From Fat Quarter Shop: 12 FQs for $39.00
I'm excited to add some of these pretty fabrics to my stash and use them to create something cool for this challenge! I hope a lot of people will join in. If you want to sew something with orange but don't want to officially enter the challenge that's OK too. Or if you're too busy the next 2 months & just want to complete a quilt top or something - still put your pictures in our Flickr group. The main thing we want to see is how people are using Tangerine Tango in their sewing - so feel free to join in at any level!