Last year I started making a list on my 31st birthday, of 32 things I wanted to do before I turned 32 (tomorrow). I have been revisiting the list over the past few weeks as my birthday approached and am, depending on when you ask me, both happy and sad about the things that I have completed & not completed off my list.
Here's my original list, with notes and additions in italics.
1. reupholster & refinish my blue side-of-the-road-find chair -I bought some County Fair home dec weight fabric for this chair and can't find it ANYWHERE in my house! It might have gone to Goodwill by accident. Will have to figure out what new fabric I want for it.
3. make a quilt for our bed -this is in the works. I'm a commitment-phobe when it comes to a quilt that is going to live permanently on my bed!
7. read the Harry Potter books -Nope, not my thing
8. blog the Encyclopedia of Me -Nope, still have this in the works, though
13. buy myself a new camera -Nope
14. finish Mason's quilt -Sadly, not yet
16. own a complete 1/2 yard set of Katie Jump Rope -So close!
18. make the book of Grahm's Weeklies -Nope
20. make Marc a quilt -In the works! Bought a fat quarter stack of fabrics for it
26. read The Lost Encyclopedia -Not yet
31. host book club at my house -No. My poor book club, I keep having Quilt Guild fall on the same night
32. take more pictures with my regular camera -Off and on I do
So 21 out of 32 isn't too terribly bad. And some things I decided that I just didn't want to do or weren't a priority anymore. I think I will revisit this list and make a new list sometime next week, 33 things to do before I turn 33 :]