Well that's how I've been recently about blogging .... tweeting .... the online world in general. It's changed SO much since I first started ... both in good ways and in bad. I see lots of cool events popping up and things happening because of relationships that have been formed online. I have some very good friends that I've only ever met online. And so I'm trying to get back in it. I WILL get back in it because I kinda have to!
Some of you know I am 1/2 of the awesome duo that is planning The Sewing Summit. (I'll blog more about that soon). I kinda NEED to put myself out there so people know more about who I am and what I'm about. Otherwise why would they want to come to this awesome conference that I'm putting my heart and soul (and every second of my free time) into?
So, in the spirit of transparency here's a little bit about who I am: (stick with me to the end for a chance to win something cool!)
- I'm Erin. I am married to the most amazing boy in the whole world who is currently getting his Phd in genetics. How awesome is that? I have two little boys that are crazy, hilarious, explosive, as smart as their Daddy, born 3 years apart (same due date even!) and perfectly, genuinely loving all wrapped up into little kid sized raucous packages.
- I make things. I sew mostly. I am not an artist in the traditional sense at all (I can't draw or paint or anything worth a darn) but I do like to put pretty fabrics together. Especially for other people. You can see some of the other stuff I've made here.
- I do like to blog (despite my off-and-on-ness with it recently). I blog about things I sew, food I cook, fun things my family does, trips we go on, my goals, books I read, music I'm listening to, things I buy or want to buy. It's kind of a blogging stew around here, I guess.
- I like goals. I made myself a list last summer of 32 things to do before I turned 32 this July. I need to update it again - I've done quite a few and am pretty close to finishing a few more!
- In the spirit of goals, I up and registered myself for the Disneyland 1/2 marathon in September basically on a dare from my father-in-law. I have never run a day in my life. I kind of despise it. But, I suppose it's a good goal to have! I'm planning on breaking my new Nike Free's out of their box annnyyy day now.
- I like to take pictures. I used to a lot more, but I am getting better again, thanks in part to my Project 365 this year. It's mid-February and I haven't missed a day yet! You can see the whole set here.
- Favorite food: cheese! cheese chips, fried cheese, fancy cheese and crackers, cheese on a stick, mac & cheese, cheese layered, cheese melted, cheesecake. Any and all! Followed closely by donuts and a cheeseburger from In N Out.
- Favorite color: green all the way
- Favorite guilty pleasure: trashy TV I have on while I'm sewing
- Favorite fabric line: Katie Jump Rope
So that pretty much sums me up. At least it's a start. So, what I want to know is who are YOU? Who's my reader? What do you want this blog to be? Do you like funny stories and pictures of my kiddos or pictures and tutorials of things that I make?
If you take a second to answer me, just say hi or whatever else you want to - you'll be entered in a drawing for your choice of 2 things: this pretty fat quarter stack of some pretty fabrics from my stash, OR if you don't sew, I'll make you a mug rug in your choice of colors. If you become a follower you can get an extra entry. So one comment to say hi. A separate comment to say you're a follower. I'll keep it open for a week, so will close it sometime next Thursday night (the 24th). And it's nice to meet you :]
----- GIVEAWAY IS OVER -----