Thursday, June 12, 2008
Around the Web.
- My amazing cooking friend Erin from ErinCooks.com has a great giveaway on her blog for The Essential Chocolate Chip Cookbook. The recipes in this book look AMAZING, and she's already tried out a few of them for her blog posts. Leave a comment on this post for your chance to win! Better hurry, the contest ends tomorrow.
- Have you ever wanted to be a part of a secret club? Well now here's your chance! OK, it's not secret, but it is a club -- a book club. My friend Darci and I have had our own little private book club for a few months and now we decided to share it with you -- go see what books we're reading, read our reviews, and even read along with us at Oh! It Is Only a Novel!.
- If you are like me and you kept thinking that Fathers Day was *next* weekend, you may be in need of a cute but quick craft card that you can make for the Dad in your life. Marie from Make and Takes has a pattern and a tutorial for an adorable stitched tie card on her website. Quick and easy!
- Vanessa from I Never Grew Up posted an awesome article on her site called "90 Low or No Cost Activities to Entertain Your Kids All Summer Long". I know of at least one person that is already hearing the "Mom! I'm bored" calls of summer so hopefully you all can find some fun activities from this list to try. I've already got a few picked out for Mase and I.
- The girls over at Mad About Martha have a cute tutorial from none other than the great Martha Stewart. See how they turn an old t-shirt into a reusable shopping bag with just a few cuts and stitches. Super easy even for those of you that aren't sewers (like me!) - and something that we can all actually use (I plan on using mine to tote books to and from the library).